here will be an increase for players, the amount is unknown. May I suggest this though, as a life lesson learned

in Unsere Forum regeln 17.10.2019 09:44
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

Nashville, TN (SportsNetwork. Shop Adidas Basketball Shoes .com) - Andrew Luck threw a pair of touchdown passes in only one half of action, leading the AFC South champion Indianapolis Colts to a 27-10 win over the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at LP Field. Luck finished 10-of-16 for 160 yards and set the Colts single-season passing yardage record with 4,761 yards, surpassing Peyton Mannings previous mark of 4,700 in 2010. Matt Hasselbeck also threw a touchdown pass in the second half for the Colts (11-5), who will open the playoffs at home next weekend. Indianapolis bounced back from a dreadful performance at Dallas last week and completed a sweep of the AFC South for a second straight year. The Colts, who managed only 229 yards in last Sundays 42-7 loss, totaled 378 on Sunday en route to their 13th straight divisional win. Charlie Whitehurst threw a scoring pass in defeat for Tennessee (2-14), which closed the year with 10 straight losses in Ken Whisenhunts first season as head coach. The Titans managed just 192 total yards and nine first downs on Sunday, finishing their worst season since moving from Houston in 1997. The two wins were the franchises fewest since a 2-14 record in 1994. After a series of punts to start the game, the Colts started their second offensive series from the Tennessee 44 and needed just six plays to find the end zone. Luck was sacked and fumbled on the second play, but Hugh Thornton recovered for the Colts and Dan Herron converted 3rd-and-11 with a 26-yard reception out of the backfield to set up Lucks 7-yard scoring toss to Coby Fleener. Luck added a 1-yard TD pass to Jack Doyle early in the second quarter immediately after he set the record on an 80-yard connection with Reggie Wayne, who made a brilliant adjustment to the ball on the right sideline and was caught from behind just before the end zone. Wayne injured his groin and didnt return. The Titans responded with their first sustained drive of the game after Leon Washingtons 52-yard kickoff return. Whitehurst capped the 47-yard march with a 6-yard touchdown pass to Kendall Wright. Josh Cribbs followed with a 76-yard kickoff return to put the Colts at the Tennessee 27, but it led only to a 23-yard Adam Vinatieri field goal to make it 17-7 with 2:55 left in the first half. Vinatieri was wide left with a 46-yard kick midway through the third quarter, his first miss of the season, and the Titans pulled within a touchdown on the next series when Ryan Succop booted a 31-yard field goal. Tennessee reached the Indianapolis 3-yard line after a 52-yard run by Shonn Greene on 4th-and-1, but the Titans were lucky to secure three points after recovering a pair of Whitehurst fumbles. The Colts answered with a 26-yard Vinatieri field goal on the first play of the fourth quarter to extend the margin to 20-10 and Indianapolis cornerback Vontae Davis ripped the ball away from Tennessees Bishop Sankey two plays later. The Colts, though, were stopped on 4th-and-1 to turn it back over on downs. Hasselbeck threw an 8-yard TD pass to Fleener late in the fourth quarter to account for the final margin. Fleener finished with five catches for 56 yards. Game Notes Tennessee managed 142 yards on the ground, including 94 from Greene on 11 carries ... Whitehurst completed just 12-of-28 passes for 72 yards and was sacked four times ...Vinatieri had converted each of his 29 field goal tries this season and 35 in a row dating back to last year before the miss in the third quarter ... Tennessees Brett Kern tied a franchise record with a 79- yard punt in the second quarter. Jim Norton set the mark with the Houston Oilers in 1964. Adidas Basketball Shoes Discount . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. Cheapest Adidas Basketball Shoes . Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist as Phoenix held on to snap a two-game losing streak with a 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Friday. http://www.cheapnmdsneakersireland.com/adidas-basketball-shoes.html . Bradley is one of eight players selected to the team who also played in this years World Cup in Brazil. The MLS all-stars will compete against German giants Bayern Munich in Portland on Aug.Before I even begin to express my thoughts of this off-season and the coming season, my congratulations and praise to the Saskatchewan Roughriders for winning the 101st Grey Cup and to the province of Saskatchewan and city of Regina for putting on an excellent show and experience. One of the best aspects of my job, maybe the best, is the experiences; the interactions with people you never forget. Whether it is meeting Tom Hanks briefly (class act) or the genuine enthusiasm and interaction of Riders and Ticats fans, I am confident I can speak for all that covered the game in saying you made us feel much more important and appreciated than we deserve. I sincerely hope the moment the new stadium is ready to roll the “Big Game" goes back to Regina with no hesitation. Overall this off-season has been a good and productive one. With new stadiums in Ottawa and Hamilton, future stadiums in Regina and Toronto, the most important aspects of the game – in-stadium fan experience and attendance – are progressing, not regressing. Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton is taking shape. The season ticket base is just about maxed out and the luxury boxes are all sold. I have yet to visit the stadium in Ottawa but I have a high level of confidence in the people running the Redblacks and what they are doing to make this organization viable. Its very important to have a CFL team in Ottawa for one big reason: it is our nations capital and will continue to enhance pride and patriotism in ourselves and our country. With Toronto, at the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, BMO Field would be perfect. I have walked around the stadium three or four times and the sight lines, angles, and proximity to the field are exceptional. Its basically on the same location as the old Exhibition Stadium and that location is excellent; not as congested as the Rogers Centre location and probably not as expensive. I dont dislike the Rogers Centre, at one time it was one of the most unique structures in North America, but BMO fits what is needed: more intimacy and less immensity. Trust me when I say this, its perfect! In on-field related issues, I like the challenge system as it relates to pass interference; the NFL will watch closely how it is executed and learn. But I also have concerns with flow of the game. Too many stops and starts in football make the game boring; I hate to say that but it is the truth. This is a pretty bold, precedent-setting move by the league. May I suggest one more? Eliminate the huddle from football with the exception of the beginning of a drive. Football players are pretty bright, they can run ann entire offence without talking about it in detail after each play. Adidas Basketball Shoes Ireland. Between TV timeouts, injuries, and challenges, the game is too long, especially NCAA football, which now runs anywhere from 3.5 hours to four. That is too much. How do you create a rule to keep the game flowing? Easy. Once a play is over, the offence must go back to the original position they began the play from, then the quarterback directs the play and players. Time constraints stay the same and every player that needs an ear piece can use one to offset the noise. The quarterback becomes a true quarterback, not an order taker. Realistic? I believe so. The entertainment value of the game would explode as there would be constant focus from the fans due to constant motion and action. It may be a difficult sell but as a viewer, anytime a team goes no huddle I regain and intensify my interest. Again the league could set a new standard of entertainment for the benefit of the paying public. They are, after all the most important revenue generators. Speaking of revenue, the Players Association wants a new, bigger and better deal. As a former player, I want the present players to earn more. CFL players are the most underpaid athletes in a combat sport I know. The league is not at a point where an increase can be so significant that it satisfies the desires of all. It is still a lean business that has developed stability, but not prosperity. There will be an increase for players, the amount is unknown. May I suggest this though, as a life lesson learned? It is not so much how much you make as it is how much you have and what you do with it. With an increase in revenue, the best thing the league and Players Association can do is get it out of the hands of the players to control spontaneous purchases. We have all heard the mind-numbing stories of athletes that make a lot yet have very little. And the truth is they have no one to blame but themselves. Hard pill to swallow. There will be more money, but making the money truly work so you can satisfy both your desires for security and adventure in life is critical. There is nothing more important in the CFL than the quality of the play and the player. And there should be nothing more important to that player than when his playing days are over he has physical, financial evidence he played. I dont know about you, but this was the most brutal winter I have encountered in a long time. I heard it was the coldest in Manitoba in 100 years. I am looking forward to watching a game without seeing my breath. Fall will come soon enough, but spring football sounds good to me! ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: here will be an increase for players, the amount is unknown. May I suggest this though, as a life lesson learned

in Unsere Forum regeln 12.02.2023 06:26
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.