SAN DIEGO -- Arizonas Brandon McCarthy went seven innings and won for just the second time this season, pitching the Diamondback

in Unsere Forum regeln 25.09.2019 08:03
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Arizonas Brandon McCarthy went seven innings and won for just the second time this season, pitching the Diamondbacks past the Padres 2-1 on Friday night. LeBron James Shoes Deals . McCarthy (2-10) limited San Diego to one run and six hits. He struck out seven with no walks as he beat the Padres for the second time this season and fourth in five career decisions. Addison Reed pitched the ninth inning for his 18th save in 21 chances. The Padres, who were no-hit by the Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants in their last game, were again challenged offensively. Tyson Ross (6-8) took the loss as the Padres continued a disturbing trend. In Ross last five starts the Padres have scored one run. The Padres cut Arizonas lead in half in the fifth inning on a sacrifice fly by Ross. He drove in Cameron Maybin who reached on a single and took third on a single by Alexi Amarista. San Diego squandered a chance to tie the game in the sixth when Chase Headley reached third with one out. But with the infield in, Will Venable grounded to Aaron Hill at second base and he erased Headley trying to score. Venable was retired when he broke for second base while Headley was in a rundown. The Diamondbacks broke the scoreless tie in the fourth when Paul Goldschmidt walked to open the inning, which preceded a single by Miguel Montero. They advanced to second and third on a wild pitch by Ross. David Peralta drove them both in with a sharp one-out single up the middle. Martin Prado smacked a similar ball toward centre, but with Amarista covering second on a steal attempt by Peralta, he was in position to turn an inning-ending double play. Down 2-0, the Padres had an opportunity to cut into their deficit when Headley and Yasmani Grandal had consecutive one-out singles in the fourth inning. But Venable and Jake Goebbert struck out looking to squash the rally. The Padres got their first hit in 11 innings in the third when Ross bunted for a two-out single. Ross effort down the first base line was fielded by McCarthy but his throw was late and offline. Ross, the Padres second base runner over that 11-inning span, didnt go far. Everth Cabrera followed with a ground ball to shortstop to end the inning. NOTES: Diamondbacks SS Chris Owings was scratched from the lineup with a sore left shoulder. . Padres GM Kevin Towers will undergo surgery to repair a damaged right vocal cord on July 7. . Arizona manager Kirk Gibson attended Thursday nights tribute to Tony Gwynn. "It was a great celebration of Tony and what he meant to his team, this city and his fans," Gibson said. "He left a great legacy." . Padres OF Carlos Quentins sore left shoulder kept him out of the lineup. . Padres RHP Andrew Cashner (tender right shoulder) will play catch in three days. . Diamondbacks RHP Josh Collmenter (6-4, 3.87) faces Padres LHP Eric Stults (2-10, 5.49) on Saturday. Wholesale LeBron James Shoes . - While he appreciates suggestions from Packers fans of remedies for his sore left calf, Aaron Rodgers is not necessarily going to listen to the advice. LeBron James Shoes From China . According to the CFL Scouting Bureaus January rankings, four of the top five Canadian prospects line-up on the offensive side of the trenches, which is good news for Bombers general manager Kyle Walters. With only one selection in the first two rounds — Walters sent his second-round pick to Saskatchewan in the days ahead of the 2013 trade deadline — the No. https://www.cheapshoeslebronjames.com/ . -- A.J. Burnett was happy to escape from New York.PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- Na Yeon Choi shot a 7-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead in the season-opening Bahamas LPGA Classic, chipping to a foot to set up a birdie on the par-5 18th hole. The seventh-ranked Choi, a seven-time winner on the LPGA Tour, birdied three of the last four holes in her bogey-free round to reach 15 under on Atlantis Resorts Ocean Club course. "I think the last three rounds I had a really good swing," Choi said. "I had so many good shots. But I still have to play aggressively tomorrow. So many players have a chance." The South Korean player hit 16 greens in regulation after hitting all 18 in windy conditions Friday. "I had so many solid shots out there." Choi said. "I missed two greens today. Only two, but I hit a putt from the fringe, so obviously I havent chipped the last two rounds. Last two, three weeks I havent practiced much, maybe like seven or 10 days only, and every day its just work out like two hours, and then I went to Dallas for chiropractor just more like take care for my body and then I got great feeling about my swing." Lizette Salas was a stroke back. She also had a bogey-free 66. "Ive been bogey-free for the last two days and Im feeling great on the greens," said Salas, winless on the tour. "A win is always on my mind, and its been a goal of mine since coming close last year in Hawaii." Fighting flu-like symptoms, she birdied three of the first four holes on the back nine. "Once I hit the turn, I was just on it and wanted to make as many birdies as I could." Salas said. "You cant always play perfect and thats the thing about this game. I was trying to play it as best I could comming down the stretch. LeBron James Shoes Outlet. " Jessica Korda and Paula Creamer each eagled the 18th to reach 12 under. Korda, the second-round leader, had a 72, and Creamer shot 71. Creamer also holed a sand wedge from 82 yards for an eagle on the par-5 11th, but lost a ball en route to a triple-bogey 8 on No. 15. "Many things happened today, yes," Creamer said. "Thats an understatement. I had a couple bad iron swings out there today. Obviously, the tee shot on the one hole. But I just didnt play well from there. You can hit it in the hazard all day and still make a bogey. There was no need to make a triple. "But overall Im proud of the way I finished with my attitude." Korda had a double bogey on No. 13 after shanking a shot out of bounds. "Im really happy with the way I finished," Korda said. "I hit a lot of good shots today, really a lot of good putts that just didnt fall, so I cant be disappointed with that. I honestly had one bad shot." Third-ranked Stacy Lewis was tied for fourth at 11 under with Amelia Lewis and Jenny Suh. Stacy Lewis had a 68, Amelia Lewis shot 66, and Suh had a 71. "If youre coming from behind, I think its a good spot to be in," Stacy Lewis said. "If youve got the lead and youve got all these people chasing you, I think its a hard position to be in. I actually like where I am and I like that Im going to get out tomorrow a couple groups early and hopefully can make a couple putts early and then kind of put some pressure on the leaders." Michelle Wie and 16-year-old Lydia Ko were in the group at 10 under. Wie followed her second-round 65 with a 72. Ko, making her first start as an LPGA Tour member, had a 71. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.