"I have a good feeling

in Unsere Forum regeln 25.09.2019 08:04
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- It was a rally that truly came out of left field. Stitched NFL Jerseys . James Ward won 10 of the last 11 games to take a stunning five-set victory against Sam Querrey and give Britain a 2-0 lead against the United States in the first round of the Davis Cup on a temporary red clay court in the outfield of Petco Park, the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Ward, ranked 175th in the world, was two games from losing the match when he began his rally that gave him a 1-6, 7-6 (3), 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 victory. With dusk approaching and the lights on at the downtown baseball park, Ward won the match with an overhand smash. He leaned back, pumped his fists and hollered as his teammates, watching from one side of the court, jumped to their feet in celebration. "Its great to be around a group of guys you dont really have the support of normally, every week of the year," Ward said "Its certainly a different feeling. Youre not just playing for yourself, youre playing for everyone else." Wards victory in 3 hours, 11 minutes, followed Wimbledon champion Andy Murrays easy straight-set victory against Donald Young, who was making his Davis Cup debut. Murray has won 17 straight Davis Cup singles matches. Britain can clinch the match on Saturday if it wins doubles. Murray and Colin Fleming are scheduled to face Bob and Mike Bryan. Captains have until an hour before the match to make any changes. Murray, who had back surgery in September, said he feels good to go for doubles. Querrey, the United States No. 1 singles player in this tournament and ranked No. 49 in the world, had a 4-2 lead in the fourth set after winning the sixth game at love. But Ward rallied to win the next four games and the set to force a deciding fifth set. He jumped to a 4-0 lead in the fifth set before Querrey broke serve with a bleeder over the net to pull to 4-1. Ward then closed out the match. Ward didnt break Querreys serve until the eighth game of the fourth set to tie it at 4-4. "I thought Sam served really well from the beginning to the first three sets," Ward said. "It wasnt me returning badly. He made a lot of good serves. But in the end I got some chances and it happened." Ward improved to 9-5 in Davis Cup play. "Look, I love playing for my country," he said. "Every time I do it, it obviously brings something out in me thats a bit different, which I didnt see in the first set." He said team captain Leon Smith told him to come out of his shell. "And I did," Ward said. Ward said his parents travelled to San Diego for the match and are staying with long-time friends. "I came here when I was a kid," he said. "People always said, Where is your favourite place in the world youve been, and I have often said San Diego. Its a great place. I love being here. Again, to play a great match like today was pleasing." Querrey said he was "a little bummed obviously that I couldnt help the team. But its not over. You have to win three points. And if we can bounce back tomorrow and Bob and Mike win the doubles and then I think our side takes two on Sunday. "I thought he played well," Querrey said of Ward. "He came up with some good shots. A few break points that I had earlier, maybe if I had come through on those it could have been different. But he played well throughout the match. I started missing a few first serves when I needed them. But he did a good job of putting returns in later in the match and ended the match." U.S. captain Jim Courier said Ward played the way the Americans thought he would. "He was up, he was down, he was all over the place, but in the end he fought all the way through and the quality he showed shined through." Murray overwhelmed Young 6-1, 6-2, 6-3 in 1:38 in the opener of the World Group match. Murray was barely challenged by Young. The two-time Grand Slam winner took leads of 5-0 in the first set and 5-1 in the second set. Young never broke serve but took the sixth game of the third set to four deuces before the British star had an ace and then won when Young netted a backhand. "I played a good match today," Murray said. "I gave him very few opportunities when I was serving. I gave him a couple in the third set which was due to his good play and him playing better and me making some mistakes. But overall it was a good match for me." Murray, who had back surgery in September, said playing a relatively short match on Friday gives him a good chance of playing in the doubles match Saturday. "That obviously helps," he said. "Weekends like this you want to try conserve as much energy as you can when possible. Days can be quite long, and playing three days in a row is challenging so its good to get one three sets so we have options when we play tomorrow." In other World Group matches, France leads Australia 2-0, Kazakhstan leads Belgium 2-0, Germany is up 2-0 against Spain and Switzerland leads Serbia 2-0. The Canada-Japan, Italy-Argentina and Netherlands-Czech Republic matches are tied 1-1. Wholesale NFL Jerseys 2020 . - Joao Plata scored twice in the final 24 minutes, including the winner in stoppage time, to help Real Salt Lake remain unbeaten with a 3-2 victory over the winless Chicago Fire on Saturday night. NFL Jerseys Wholesale . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. https://www.nfljerseys2020.com/ . -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars continued revamping their defensive line Thursday by signing two free agents and bringing back their best pass rusher from last season. The Jaguars signed former Seattle Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons, former Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman Ziggy Hood and re-signed veteran Jason Babin, who led the team with 7 1/2 sacks in 2013. Those moves came five days after Jacksonville signed former Seattle defensive end Red Bryant. Together, they could drastically improve a defence that tied for last in the league with 31 sacks last season. "Hopefully get with these guys and take this thing to a whole new level," Hood said. Clemons is the gem of the group. Seattle released him in a cost-cutting move Wednesday; he was scheduled to make $7.5 million in 2014. His cross-country trek to Jacksonville reunites him with former Seahawks defensive co-ordinator and current Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley. "I think we could build something special here," said Clemons, who signed a four-year deal reportedly worth $18 million. After failing to find success in Oakland and Philadelphia, Clemons thrived in Seattle under Bradley. He was the teams top pass rusher from 2010 to 2012, recording 33 1/2 sacks and getting at least 11 each year. Last season, Clemons had only 4 1/2 sacks as a deeper line rotation took away some of his opportunities. Clemons also was coming off a torn knee ligament sustained in the 2012 playoffs. He had 3 1/2 sacks his first five games of 2013, but had just one sack the final nine games of the regular season. He was, however, at his best in the Super Bowl, finishing with three tackles, two forced fumbles, a sack and a pass defended. The 27-year-old Hood had 140 tackles and 11 11/2 sacks in five seasons with the Steelers. Cheap Jerseys 2020. A college standout at Missouri, Hood was the 32nd overall pick in the 2009 draft. But he never really felt comfortable playing end in Pittsburghs 3-4 scheme. He will move back inside for the Jaguars and play a penetrating 3-technique. "Ive been blessed with a second opportunity to come here and play in a scheme, a scheme I believe in, one that I feel is right for me," Hood said. "I have a good feeling in coming over here." Much like every other free agent to sign with Jacksonville in the past week, Hood said Bradleys engaging personality and high-energy attitude were key factors in his decision. "He was bouncing from wall to wall, room to room, side to side," Hood said. "I like their philosophy and how theyre going to use me as well. What better place can I be than here? I fell in love with it and I think thats what made me turn here more than anything else." Babin voided the final two years of his contract Monday, becoming a free agent before the Jaguars cut him. "They were gracious enough to let me do it for the PR," said Babin, who was due to make $6 million in 2014. His salary was more than the rebuilding team was willing to pay for a 33-year-old end no longer in his prime. But pairing him with Clemons and third-year pro Andre Branch -- the Jaguars also could add another pass-rusher with the No. 3 pick in the draft -- might prolong Babins career. "I guess I can say it now: This was my first choice all along," said Babin, an 11-year pro who admittedly didnt want to move his family again. "We knew what we wanted, and they knew what they wanted. We met somewhere in the middle. This is where I want to finish my career out." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.