BOSTON -- Rudy Gay and Tyler Hansbrough both scored 17 points to lead the Toronto Raptors to a 97-89 preseason victory over Bost

in Unsere Forum regeln 06.10.2019 03:14
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Rudy Gay and Tyler Hansbrough both scored 17 points to lead the Toronto Raptors to a 97-89 preseason victory over Boston on Monday night in Celtics coach Brad Stevens NBA debut. Kobe Bryant Shoes Deals . DeMar DeRozan had 13 points and Terrence Ross added 12 for the Raptors. Gerald Wallace led the Celtics with 16 points, and Jared Sullinger had 14 with six rebounds. The 36-year-old Stevens was hired in July after a successful run at Butler University. "Really, really different just because its a 48-minute game, something to get used to because of the timeouts," Stevens said. "Its a little unique and different. Theres eight more minutes (than college) and a lot more possessions because of the 24-second shot clock. Hopefully Ill get used to it in seven (preseason) games, but hopefully it doesnt last much longer than that. But it is different. Its unique." The Celtics had seven new players, mainly due to a blockbuster deal that sent likely future Hall of Famers Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to the Brooklyn Nets in a draft-night deal. GM Danny Ainge wanted to start rebuilding the team before the two became ineffective or retired. Ainge also traded coach Doc Rivers to the Los Angeles Clippers for a first-round draft pick during the off-season. The Raptors also made a big trade during the off-season, sending Andrea Bargnani to the New York Knicks in early July for three players and three draft picks. "Turnovers," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said of his teams play. "You see we turned it over 25 times. I know its an exhibition game, but weve got to get that way down." The teams will face each other in the season opener in Toronto on Oct. 30. Boston point guard Rajon Rondo is expected to miss at least the seasons first month after undergoing surgery for a torn ligament in his right knee last season. "As a team, I felt like we moved the ball well," said guard Avery Bradley, who will run the team in Rondos absence. The game was tied at 84 midway into the fourth before the Raptors pulled away with an 11-3 run. "At the end of the game when we had a chance to cut into it, I thought we got pretty good looks," Stevens said. "And its the first exhibition game, so well see if those go down as we move forward." Boston trailed 67-58 in the third, but scored 15 of the next 21 points, tying it on Wallaces basket. The Celtics debut under Stevens didnt get off to a good start. They missed their first seven shots from the field and didnt score their first point until Kris Humphries foul-line jumper nearly 4 minutes in. Boston had only six rebounds in the first half. Toronto led 14-2 in the opening 7 minutes. Kobe Bryant Shoes Outlet . -- The Los Angeles Clippers chose not to speak publicly about owner Donald Sterling before they faced the Golden State Warriors for Game 4 of their first-round series Sunday. Kobe Bryant Shoes Free Shipping . But qualifying for her first Scotties Tournament of Hearts after years of falling short in tough Manitoba provincial championships is as good as consolation prizes get for the 29-year-old from Winnipegs Fort Rouge Curling Club. https://www.cheapkobebryantshoes.com/ . Julien coached the Bruins to the Stanley Cup championship in 2010-11 and is the longest serving coach in consecutive seasons in the teams history. Claude is one of the top coaches in the NHL and has consistently shown a passion for winning, general manager Peter Chiarelli said Sunday in announcing the signing.VANCOUVER - Last seasons anaemic power play was one of the big reasons why the Vancouver Canucks missed the playoffs for the first time in six years.Its early, but the man-advantage unit is showing signs of life with the 2014-15 campaign just around the corner.Radim Vrbata scored on the Canucks only power-play chance in Mondays 4-2 pre-season loss to the Arizona Coyotes, giving Vancouver a 4 for 8 success rate over its last two exhibition games.The free-agent signing is starting to mesh with Henrik and Daniel Sedin on the top line, and ripped a shot that got through Arizona goalie Mike Smith midway through the third period to briefly give the Canucks life.I think the more we practice together, the more we play together you learn the tendencies and you feel more comfortable, said Vrbata, who also scored with the man advantage against the Calgary Flames on Friday. I think offensively, it can always be better but its going pretty well.(Points) is whats expected from that line. If were doing that were giving our team a chance to win.Vancouvers power play finished 26th last season but has provided some new looks under rookie head coach Willie Dejardins, and new talent in the form of Vrbata and rookie forward Linden Vey.I think its just the options we have. Every time I get the puck it feels like theres two or three guys open and ready to take pucks to the net, said Henrik Sedin. It feels like every time we step on the ice something is going to happen. Its a good feeling.However that feeling didnt last long Monday as Joe Vitale had a goal and an assist and Smith made 23 saves for Arizona.Brandon McMillan, Shane Doan and David Moss also scored for the Coyotes, who improved to 4-0-2 in exhibition play. Oliver Ekman-Larsson added two assists.Derek Dorsett had the other goal for Vancouver (3-2-0), which got 31 saves from Ryan Miller.They outworked us, and thats a concern, said Desjardins. We have to look at that. We need a better effort if were going to win. Thats what training camps for. Weve got to be ready when the season starts.Tied 1-1 after the first period, the Coyotes struck twice in the second to put the game out of reach. MacMillan made it 2-1 at 10:55 when his shot was stopped by Miller and rebounded in off Vancouver defenceman Luca Sbisa.Doan then stretched the lead to two on the power play with 1:15 left, deflecting home Mikkel Boedkers shot from the point.A lot was made before the game about Desjardins putting former first-round picks Bo Horvat, Hunter Shinkaruk and Nicklas Jensen together on a line. The trio made their first real impact with the score still tied 1-1 early in the second, buzzing around the Coyotes zone but failing to find the mark.Daniel Sedin then had a great chance off a feed from brother Henrik that SSmith handled, before Alexandre Burrows ripped another shot wide of the Arizona goal from the slot. Cheap Kobe Bryant Shoes. .Arizonas Martin Erat almost made it 4-1 four minutes into the third period, firing a shot off the post that stayed out.Horvat, Shinkaruk and Jensen then had another energetic shift but again couldnt get anything past Smith before heading off to a big cheer from the crowd at Rogers Arena.We knew that we were the young guys and we looked to create energy, use our feet, finish checks a€” and I thought we did that, said Shinkaruk. Theres things in our game that could have been better, but I thought all in all it wasnt a bad game.Vrbata, who signed with Vancouver in the summer after five years with the Coyotes, gave the Canucks some hope with nine minutes to go, but Moss sealed it off a big rebound in front of Miller with 1:41 remaining.The Sedin line was really good early. I thought they had lots of good plays a€” theyre dangerous on the power play, said Desjardins. Its just a process of Vrbata finding his spot in that line and working in.Both teams dressed lineups similar to the ones they will go with once the regular season gets going. Missing out for the Canucks were defencemen Dan Hamhuis and Kevin Bieksa, and forwards Zack Kassian, Brad Richardson and Jannick Hansen. Notable absences for the Coyotes included forwards Sam Gagner and Lauri Korpikoski.Vancouver opened the scoring at 4:43 of the first period when Chris Higgins one-timed a shot from the faceoff dot off the rush that Smith only got a piece of. The puck dribbled towards the goal-line and the hard-charging Dorsett poked it home.Arizona tied things at 12:02 on a play Miller might want to have back. The Coyotes flipped the puck out of their zone and the Vancouver goalie decided to stay in his net instead of going out to play it, allowing Vitale to move in and beat him through the pads.I just didnt think I could make it there, said Miller. I didnt want to race out in pre-season and extend myself and tried to play the breakaway.It was the first goal allowed by Miller a€” who also signed as free agent a€” in pre-season after he faced a mere seven shots against in just over 30 minutes of action against the Calgary Flames on Friday.I felt pretty good. A couple tough bounces in the second period (or) its a little tighter game, said Miller. Still a few things to chip off and dial in, but I was happy overall with my awareness in the game.Notes: Canucks defenceman Frank Corrado suffered an upper-body injury in the second and did not return. Dejardins said the team will know more on Tuesday. ... The Canucks play their next pre-season game in Edmonton on Thursday before wrapping up the exhibition schedule on Saturday at home, again against the Oilers. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.