more of a challenge for me,

in Unsere Forum regeln 29.06.2019 10:21
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N. Antonio Gates Jersey .C. -- EJ Manuels first completion to Sammy Watkins will go down as nothing more than a 14-yard pass play in a meaningless preseason game. But the Bills are hoping its the start of something special. Manuel completed 9 of 13 passes for 96 yards and Watkins hauled in his first three NFL receptions for 21 yards as the Bills defeated the Carolina Panthers 20-18 Friday night. "I was happy for him," Manuel said. "I gave him a high-five and told him, Welcome to the NFL." Watkins said the chemistry between the teams first-round draft picks is getting better with each passing day. "Its building," Watkins said. "Weve got a long way to go, but at the same time we understand that hes young and Im young and well get better." Cam Newton didnt play for Carolina, as coach Ron Rivera held out his Pro Bowl quarterback to rest his ankle following off-season surgery. "Hes right on track and were not overly concerned," Rivera said, adding that he expects Newton to play Aug. 17 against Kansas City. Buffalos offence still needs some work. For the second straight week the Bills struggled turning scoring opportunities into points. Buffalos first-team offence reached Carolina territory on its first three possessions but managed just three points after being stuffed on a pair of Fred Jackson runs near the goal line. "We had yardage, we moved the ball," Bills coach Doug Marrone said. "In those situations, which we work on very hard, we have to do a better job of taking advantage of those opportunities. Right now, were on the back end of what we want to convert statistically." Manuel doesnt seem too concerned. "We did a very good job at executing what we wanted to execute," Manuel said. The Panthers offence got a glimpse of their future at wide receiver, too. Kelvin Benjamin, the teams first-round draft pick, turned in the play of the game on a spectacular 32-yard touchdown catch. The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Benjamin helped fans forget about Steve Smith for a moment when he raced down the left sideline, stumbled after contact with cornerback Stephon Gilmore but maintained his balance and concentration long enough to haul in a diving catch in the end zone from Derek Anderson. "The whole time I was stumbling I kept my eyes on the ball and I followed it all the way to the ground," Benjamin said. "In a split second I just stuck my arms up between the ball and the ground and caught it before it hit the ground. It was crazy." Rivera called Benjamin a young, dynamic player who is living up to his billing so far as the 28th pick in the draft. "We knew he had big play ability and those are kind of the big plays we are looking for," Rivera said. Anderson started in place of Newton and finished 5 of 7 for 65 yards and a touchdown and twice did his best Newton impersonation by running for a first down on third and long. Anderson played three series, but the other two resulted in punts. "We just need to be cleaner," Anderson said. "Get in and get out of the huddle and see things better." Carolinas other quarterbacks Matt Blanchard and Joe Webb struggled. Marrone was upset last Sunday when the Bills reached Giants territory five times but managed just one touchdown and two field goals. It looked like Buffalo would score early against the Panthers with Manuel marching 78 yards behind two grabs by Watkins. But Carolina stopped Fred Jackson on a pair of runs near the goal line and took over on downs. Buffalos first touchdown of the game in the second quarter was set up when Jarius Wynn sacked Blanchard and Manny Lawson recovered at the Carolina 28. Anthony Dixon scored on a 1-yard run to give Buffalo at 10-6 lead. NOTES: Panthers backup kicker Jordan Gay missed a 33-yard extra point in the second quarter. The NFL is trying out longer extra point attempts in preseason games. ... Carolina defensive end Greg Hardy had a sack in his first game since being convicted on two domestic violence charges. ... C.J. Spiller had 22 yards on three carries for the Bills. ... The Bills and Steelers will have joint practices Aug. 13-14 at St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Jerry Tillery Jersey . -- The Florida Gators are first yet again this season. Lance Alworth Jersey . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off. http://www.cheapchargersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-easton-stick-jersey . -- Billy Andrade hasnt played much competitive golf over the past four years.Making it to the UFC isnt easy. And the road doesnt necessarily become any smoother once you get there.Alaska-based heavyweight Jared (Tha Killa Gorilla) Cannonier (7-0) has achieved his dream of earning a UFC contract. But he has had to turn to others for financial help to try to make the most of his UFC debut.Cannonier, whose day job is repairing air traffic control equipment for the Federal Aviation Administration, took two months off from work to prepare for Saturdays fight against former LSU fullback Shawn (The Savage) Jordan (16-6) on the undercard of UFC 182 in Las Vegas.Jon (Bones) Jones (20-1) looks to defend his light-heavyweight title for the eighth time when he faces former Olympic wrestler Daniel (DC) Cormier (15-0) in the main event at the MCM Grand Garden Arena. Cannonier held his training camp at The Lab in Glendale, Ariz. The gym is home to former UFC lightweight champion Benson (Smooth) Henderson as well as UFC veterans Efrain (Hecho en Mexico) Escudero and Joe (Diesel) Riggs.Im sparring with animals, Cannonier said approvingly.He raised more than US$6,000 on gofundme.com to help pay for training camps, offering signed memorabilia and his gratitude in response. Donations have ranged from $10 to $600.A lot of people came out and they donated and they supported me, he said in a recent interview. They all helped me out.Cannoniers mother and family back home also stepped up.Fighters at the beginning of their career look to earn win or performance bonuses to enhance their UFC pay. Two losing fighters at UFC 181, for example, had to make do with basic purses of $8,000, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.Originally from Dallas, Cannonier joined the U.S. Army after college. After just under three years in the military, he moved north in 2009 when he was offered a similar air traffic control equipment maintenance job in Anchorage by the FAA.If we dont do our job, thered be planes falling out of the sky left and right, he said.Cannonier, who met his wife in Alabama while he was in the army, has enjoyed his time in Alaska.The people there are really nice. Its a lot different in Texas, especially in the winter time, he said.Its also where the five-foot-11, 240-pounder started doing jiu-jitsu and mixed martial arts, althoough he got a taste of it in the military when he did a couple of months of training in the Modern Army Combatives program. LaDainian Tomlinson Jersey. .He found a home in the Gracie Barra academy in Anchorage, beginning to study jiu-jitsu in February 2010 and then mixed martial arts that summer.I loved doing it, he said.He was hooked after two amateur fights, both wins.Then I decided to go pro because I felt if these guys are going to be punching me in my face, I might as well get paid for it.He made his pro debut in June 2011, stopping Alton Prince in the first round of a Fairbanks card colourfully called Midnight Sun Mayhem 1 — Final Word. He reeled off another first-round win four months later at Alaska Fighting Championship 85 — Tortures & Takedowns in Anchorage.He has won five since, all in Alaska, with three more first-round stoppages although Cannonier acknowledges that some of his opponents were inexperienced as a result of other fighters dropping out.He did not fight in 2012 after surgery to repair a torn labrum suffered in a jiu-jitsu tournament. But he won since then, attracting the attention of the UFC. His last fight was a five-round split decision over Tony Lopez in January for the Alaska Fighting Championship title.His fight schedule was interrupted after that by a three-month FAA course in Oklahoma City.Cannonier credits his wife for helping him juggle his job and training, not to mention their kids aged two and five.Im not organized at all. Shes the organizing one, he said. Shes the reason why Im able to do the sport that I love to do.In a perfect world, Cannonier would move his family to Arizona and fight full time.I appreciate my job. Im blessed to have the job I have but its not what I love to do. he said. Its work for me.Training and fighting and overcoming those obstacles in the cage and on the mats, thats more of a challenge for me, which is what I liked to do. I like to be challenged.So Saturday night could be more than a fight for Cannonier. It could be a life-changer.It could. Exactly, he agreed. Im going full steam ahead.Cannonier follows in the footsteps of Alaska fighters Lauren Murphy and Andy Enz. Alaskan Nic Herron-Webb was a cast member on The Ultimate Fighter reality T

nach oben springen

RE: more of a challenge for me,

in Unsere Forum regeln 12.02.2023 06:25
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.