NEW ORLEANS - Down 22 points in the third quarter to the surging Brooklyn Nets, the New Orleans Pelicans appeared headed to a lo

in Unsere Forum regeln 06.10.2019 05:08
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS - Down 22 points in the third quarter to the surging Brooklyn Nets, the New Orleans Pelicans appeared headed to a lopsided defeat. Gussie Busch Jersey . Thats when Tyreke Evans turned the game around. Evans scored 22 of his season-high 33 points in the second half and the short-handed Pelicans rallied to win 109-104 in overtime Monday night. Driving to the basket repeatedly, Evans scored 14 as New Orleans closed the third period on a 29-10 run to get back in the game. Anthony Morrow, who did not score until the final 2 minutes of regulation, had 11 points the rest of the way as the Pelicans completed their largest comeback of the season and the second-biggest in franchise history. "I was just being aggressive," Evans said. "Thats what kept me going, especially before their defence set up. I was just playing my game. We could have easily given up tonight, but coach (Monty Williams) got on us in the locker room." Morrow hit a 3-pointer to give New Orleans a 106-100 lead in overtime and all but sealed the victory with another 3 that made it 109-102 with 54.5 seconds left. Anthony Davis added 24 points and 14 rebounds for the Pelicans, who matched their season best with a three-game winning streak despite playing without Eric Gordon (left knee tendinitis) for the second consecutive game. Paul Pierce had 24 points and Deron Williams 23 for the Nets, who lost for the first time in five games after winning at Dallas in overtime Sunday. Brooklyn fell behind 98-93 with 1:14 left in regulation but scored the next five points to force overtime. "We had an opportunity to win the game," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "It went into overtime, and we just couldnt get it back." This one appeared over when the Nets went up 66-44 early in the third quarter, but Brian Roberts started the rally with a 3-pointer and Evans scored New Orleans next eight points to help the Pelicans close the deficit to 67-59. Williams and Joe Johnson hit consecutive 3s as the Nets went back up 74-61, but the Pelicans closed with a 12-2 spurt that started when Pierce was given a technical foul for confronting Alexis Ajinca after Ajinca was called for an offensive foul with a high elbow. Evans converted a four-point play with 1.1 seconds left, hitting a long shot while being fouled to cut the deficit to 76-73 entering the fourth. It was only his 17th 3 in 77 attempts. "It was just confidence," he said. "I had it going at the time, and it was a rhythm shot. I didnt think about it, and it went in. It got the crowd going, and we fed off that." After falling behind again by nine in the fourth quarter, the Pelicans held Brooklyn without a point for more than 4 minutes as they rallied to take their first lead since early in the first quarter, 91-89, on Evans driving layup. "He got to the basket at will," Davis said. "He made some big shots for us. He was huge." Then it was Brooklyns turn to come back. With the Nets trailing 98-93, Mason Plumlee dunked after the Nets grabbed two offensive rebounds, and Pierce drained a contested 3-pointer with 24.1 seconds left to tie the score at 98. Morrow, who took all 11 of his shots after the third quarter, missed a contested 3 at the regulation buzzer. But he didnt miss in overtime. "We just stuck together," he said. "When we came into halftime, I just said we have to stop complaining and getting mad at ourselves and each other on little stuff. We all want to win. Nobody on this team is selfish. Take a deep breath and play through the lows." Morrows big shots in the fourth quarter came right before Williams planned to take him out for Luke Babbitt. "I couldnt get Luke there in time," Williams said. "He comes right back and hits a shot, runs over to me and says, I aint going to miss no more! I aint going to miss no more!" The Nets, who led the Pelicans 51-28 at halftime of their first meeting in February, raced to a 58-42 advantage at the break this time. The shots stopped falling in the second half, when Brooklyn camped out behind the 3-point line. The Nets went 10 of 40 on 3-pointers overall, 4 of 23 after halftime. Meanwhile, the Pelicans kept attacking the basket, hitting 12 of 19 shots in the third quarter. "I dont have the stats, but I know they got a lot of layups," said Nets guard Shaun Livingston, who had all but two of his 10 points in the first half. "We have to make them take tougher shots. Thats on all of us." NOTES: The Pelicans are 5-0 in overtime. ... Andrei Kirilenko did not play for the Nets after spraining his left ankle against Dallas on Sunday. He already had missed 26 games with back spasms, three with a calf strain and two with a sprained right ankle. ... Pierce is in his 16th NBA season, matching the combined years in the league for the Pelicans five starters. ... Marcus Thornton, who scored 20 points against Dallas on Sunday, left with a bruised back late in the first half and did not play in the second half, finishing with three points. Gussie Busch Cardinals Jersey . Cabrera is hitting .218 with three homers and 16 RBI in 80 games this season. The Padres recalled second baseman Brooks Conrad from Triple-A El Paso to replace Cabrera on the roster. Bobby Tolan Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/764t-ken-boyer-jersey-cardinals.html . Not because it was right, but because referees werent allowed to determine it was wrong.Michael van Gerwen and Phil Taylor will continue their battle for top spot in the Premier League on night 14 in Manchester. The Dutchman moved above Taylor on leg difference after last weeks matches in Birmingham and the top two return to action on Thursday night, live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 7pm.All four play-off spots are yet to be decided and precious points are up for grabs as players attempt to secure a place at the season-ending night at The O2. James Wade v Peter Wright Peter Wright is still in the hunt for a top-four spot This is a win-or-bust encounter for both players, who desperately need a victory to keep alive their hopes of snatching a spot in the top four.Wade and Wright are both three points adrift of fourth-placed Lewis, but had differing fortunes in their matches last week. Peter Wright goes undefeated on week 13 of the Premier League Darts after a win over Phil Taylor and a draw against Gary Anderson An inspired Van Gerwen inflicted a 7-1 thumping on the shellshocked Wade, while Wright defeated Phil Taylor in his opening match before pinching the final leg to claim a draw in his closing match with Gary Anderson.Gary Anderson v Robert Thornton Gary Anderson will be expected to defeat fellow Scotsman Robert Thornton Anderson has all but assured his play-off place as only an unlikely sequence of results would see the reigning champion fail to qualify.But The Flying Scotsman will want to end the campaign on a high and starts as a hot favourite against his struggling countryman. Gary Anderson has a close Premier League Darts victory over Raymond van Barneveld Thornton suffered a 7-2 thrashing against Lewis last week, his 10th defeat of the competition, and has been hampered by a foot problem and a lack of form since the start. Marcell Ozuna Cardinals Jersey. Michael van Gerwen v Raymond van Barneveld Raymond van Barneveld defeated his Dutch rival at this years World Darts Championship Van Gerwen was at his ruthless best against Wade, hitting seven out of nine darts at a double, as he reinforced his status as the sports top player.In stark contrast, Van Barneveld looked crestfallen after a 7-5 loss to Anderson, which extinguished any faint hopes of a play-off place. Michael van Gerwen hits a bullseye check out to go 4-0 up against James Wade But Barney still relishes any showdown with his Dutch rival and the pair produced an entertaining draw on night nine.Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor A win would keep Phil Taylor in touch with leader Van Gerwen Taylors surprise 7-4 defeat to Wright was a rare slip-up in a consistent season for the six-time winner and victory over Lewis would set-up an exciting duel with Van Gerwen.The Power will travel to Rotterdam next week for his meeting with Van Gerwen, the last match of the regular campaign, and would relish the chance to finish in first place.Lewis is still looking over his shoulder in fourth place, despite a three point cushion, and a win would guarantee his attendance at The O2.Watch all of this weeks Premier League matches on Thursday night from 7pm on Sky Sports 1. Or watch for £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: PL Darts talking points Mighty MVG overtakes Taylor Prem Table WATCH: Barneys brilliant 132 ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: NEW ORLEANS - Down 22 points in the third quarter to the surging Brooklyn Nets, the New Orleans Pelicans appeared headed to a lo

in Unsere Forum regeln 12.02.2023 06:26
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.