Conor OShea is leavin

in Unsere Forum regeln 17.10.2019 09:43
von jokergreen0220 • 120 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Brook Lopez Bucks Jersey . - The Kansas City Chiefs seemed so determined to break one of the most bizarre streaks of this NFL season last Sunday that they pulled off an audacious field-goal fake to help them out.The fake worked to perfection. It still didnt do any good.After getting a fresh set of downs and Jamaal Charles was stuffed for a 2-yard gain, Alex Smith threw a pass to Dwayne Bowe in the end zone.At the last moment, Steelers cornerback Antwon Blake knocked the ball from the wide receivers grasp.Smith wound up getting sacked on third down. The Chiefs had to kick a field goal anyway. And another series ended without a wide receiver catching a touchdown pass.It was a bang-bang play that I could have caught, Bowe said later. Their guy made a good play on the ball but I could have had it.Bowe once caught 15 touchdown passes in a single season. Hed give just about anything for one right now.Thats because the Chiefs head into Sundays regular-season finale against AFC West rival San Diego without a single wide receiver having caught a touchdown pass.That has never happened before in a 16-game season.Chiefs coach Andy Reid has continually discounted the dubious streak, pointing out that Smith has still thrown 18 touchdown passes.Who cares if they have mostly gone to tight end Travis Kelce or running back Charles? The whole point is to score, regardless of how it happens.The Chiefs, after all, are still in the middle of the pack in points this season.Were all about wins, said wide receiver Jason Avant, who joined the team midway through the season. Stats really dont matter in this league. We really dont care about that.Especially this week.To reach the playoffs for the second straight year, the Chiefs need to beat the Chargers and hope Cleveland can beat Baltimore and Jacksonville can upset Houston, a pair of games that will be transpiring at the same time things are unfolding at Arrowhead Stadium.In other words, the Chiefs need a lot of help. But they insisted Tuesday that they are only focused on what they can control, and thats beating the Chargers.We dont necessarily control our own destiny, and the whole what-ifs and what do we need to have happen, its easy to get distracted, Smith said. The thing will be to focus in on the Chargers, a division game, them coming in, and we need to take care of our business.That would be easier to do if a wide receiver caught a touchdown pass or two.The fewest touchdown catches by a group of wide receivers in a 16-game season is two, set by the 1981 Saints and matched by the 2004 Giants. Neither of those teams went to the playoffs.In fact, the most recent team to go an entire season without a wide receiver catching a touchdown pass was the 1964 Giants, who went 2-10-2, according to STATS LLC. But that distinction is a bit fuzzy because Frank Gifford, listed some places as a flanker, caught three touchdown passes.Delving further into history yields other teams, including the 60 Redskins and 50 Steelers, who didnt have a wide receiver catch a TD pass. But they did have ends catch TD passes.So set aside history for a moment. Perhaps a better way to put into perspective just how crazy the Chiefs streak is would be to consider this season.The Cowboys Dez Bryant has 14 touchdown catches. And of the 15 players with at least 10 TD catches, 11 of them play wide receiver, including rookies Mike Evans and Odell Beckham Jr.Our goal is to win games, Avant said. You want to score touchdowns selfishly, but you put your selfishness behind when you become part of a team.Notes: TE Anthony Fasano (bruised knee), OG Zach Fulton (strained foot) and Bowe (shoulder strain) did not participate in practice Tuesday. ... The Chiefs will practice Wednesday before taking Thursday off for Christmas. They will conclude their game preparations Friday.___Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Vin Baker Jersey . - Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says the NFL has told the team it will not be docked a pick in this years draft for coach Mike Tomlins foray onto the field against Baltimore last November. Jason Smith Jersey . -- Chris Tillman paid no attention to the Baltimore bullpen as it started to stir in the ninth inning. https://www.bucksrookiesshop.com/Ersan-Ilyasova-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right.Former England forwards coach Graham Rowntree has been confirmed in a new-look management set-up at Harlequins. Rowntree, who has been out of work since leaving his role with England following the disappointing 2015 World Cup campaign, will provide assistance to new Quins head coach Mark Mapletoft from the start of next season. To have the opportunity to coach at such a prestigious and historic club really excites me, Rowntree told the clubs official website. Harlequins has a very talented playing squad with a wealth of top class experience and a fantastic crop of youngsters. I cant wait to join up with the new coaching group and get started.John Kingston - a key part of the Quins coaching set up since 2001 - will replace director of rugby Conor OShea, who is leaving to become Italy head coach. Im immensely proud of what I have achieved in the last eight years as head coach and taking the role of director of rugby is an exciting and well timed new challenge for me, Kingston said. Conor OShea is leaving Harlequins to become Italy head coach Conor OShea will leave a lasting legacy on this club with the success we have achieved over the last six years and it is something I am excited to build on heading into our 150th year. Khris Middleton Bucks Jersey. He has made a massive impression on me, the squad, staff and supporters and we know he will be greatly missed by the whole club. Im looking forward to getting the best out of a great group of players and a wonderfully exciting new coaching group during the next era for Harlequins.Former England back row forward Nick Easter completes the backroom team, becoming Quins new defence coach. OShea will leave Quins at the end of the season following six years with the club. The Irishman, who led Quins to the Aviva Premiership title in 2012, will be assisted in his new role with Italy by England World Cup winner Mike Catt. Also See: Day to leave Bath for Japan Premiership home Sinfield announces retirement Rugby Union on Sky ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE: Conor OShea is leavin

in Unsere Forum regeln 12.02.2023 06:26
von kein Name angegeben • ( Gast )

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: thankstorm
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 192 Themen und 380 Beiträge.